Registration: December 15th to January 31
Event: January 1-31
Registration at: https://events.healthcode.org
Email Templates – How to Register, Reminder to Log miles, etc.: Click here
Social Media Samples: Click here
Marketing Assets – Posters, Logos, website banners, etc.: Click Here
Below is a step-by-step guide for implementing iResolve.™. Remember participants can start at any time during January and enter activity accomplished AS OF January 1st. So there is no penalty for starting after the holidays. Contact us at any time with questions: contact@HealthCode.org
iResolve.™ is provided by the 501-c3 nonprofit HealthCode™, whose vision is that everyone should enjoy the benefits of a healthier happier life.
Like PBS or NPR HealthCode’s programs are provided at no charge. Optional registration donations are tax deductible, which along with sponsorships, donations and grants allow HealthCode’s programs to be provided at no charge to kids, schools and low income communities. Interested in how your organization can help? We’d love to hear from you Contact@HealthCode.org
Table of Contents:
- Status of Your Organization
- Setting Up Groups/Teams
- Suggestions To Maximize Participation
- During Registration
- During January
- After January
Password Reset Info and Privacy Note
1. Status of Your Organization
Are you NEW to HealthCode’s activity events and have not signed up?
Sign Your Organization Up There is no charge to sign up as an organization or for participants.
If new, fill out the form HERE.
Are you RETURNING HealthCode event participant or a recent registrant?
Then you are set for iResolve. as your Organization and “teams/groups” are already in the system.
2. Setting Up Your Groups/Teams
An optional feature that adds a lot of fun and increases participation.
If a returning organization and you had “groups”, then the last groups you had are still in the system. If you would like to change the “groups” then provide the group names in one column in an excel doc as soon as possible.
If you’d like to include “groups/teams” for your organization, then send us your teams/groups. Groups/teams are commonly a list of office locations, departments, schools, or other employee groupings.
Steps to set up your “groups/teams”:
Provide a list of “group/team” names one column in an Excel sheet. This list will be loaded in as-is; please spell-check and make sure the list is accurate in every way.
Email your group/team list to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Send a list of the Group names NOT employee names as they sign up individually and then select your organization and their “group”.
Hot Tip for Returning Organizations: Your organization’s returning HealthCode activity event participants do sign up for iResolve., however all their info is still in the system, including if they had selected your organization and a “group/team”.
IF your organization’s prior “Group/Teams” names have been edited for this event, then let your employees know to select their new “group”. This is done at registration by confirming their Organization and then selecting their “Group”. See the 3rd sample email template.
NOTE: Participants can also make changes to their Organization and Group from their Personal Profile page by clicking on “Edit Profile” near the top of the left column.
3. Suggestions to Maximize Participation and Results
Obtain Senior Leadership Support
Involvement and support from Senior Leadership (CEO, local office management) is a key success factor. Involvement ideas:
- Have Senior Leaders record brief videos to encourage registration and participation
- Have Senior Leaders send emails to employees encouraging registration and participation throughout the January challenge
Engage Your Wellness Activation Team
- If you don’t already have a formal wellness team at your company, recruit employee volunteers to join a Wellness Activation Team. This team will help you implement iResolve™, get people moving and keep people excited through the event.
- Designate a main point person for communicating with the iResolve™ team (this will often be the person who set up the company, but if different please email that name to us).
- Designate a point person for each satellite office or department. This person will be in charge of communications, translations, incentives, inner-office promotions for their local office or department.
- Review the iResolve™ marketing communication tools such as SAMPLE POSTERS, logos, etc.
- Review the iResolve™ EMAIL TEMPLATES and SOCIAL MEDIA samples; customize for your company:
- “How to Register” email (adjust steps 3 and 4 before sending, per the below):
- On Step 3: Fill in your company name where it says COMPANY NAME
- On Step 4: If your company provided iResolve™ with your groups/teams, leave as is. If you chose not to have groups/teams for your company, change this line to read “Skip the Select Your Group/Team pulldown”
- All emails: Make edits/additions as needed, such as:
- your company goals (mile goal as a company and number or percentage of employees participating)
- per office goals (a great way to unite the local office in a goal)
- per employee goals
- Setup registration promotions at the office in common areas, such as lobby and break areas.
Leverage iResolve.’s “Resolution Bib”, which participants access at registration. Have fun as employees post one of their wellness related resolutions. Expand beyond physical activity to include overall wellness. Make it part of a fun team-building exercise to kick-off the new year. You can access an image of the “Resolution Bib” in the Sample creative materials.
Internal company incentives are important to boost your company’s registration and participation. Examples:
- PTO or Vacation hours/days for meeting a goal
- Gift Cards and Prizes
- Recognition through company communication channels
- Set a registration goal: X number or X percent of employees registered by January 1.
- Set a company wide first day mile goal (January 1)
- Set a company wide mile goal for the entire month
TIP: What is your organization’s objective? If it is to get the most people up and moving; then set a mileage goal that almost all can reach. Some organizations have used a mile a day, some even less. It’s not about the most miles, it is about helping people along their journey to a happier healthier life. In the process, building your organization’s culture.
4. During Registration Phase (Up to and during January)
Emails during Registration Phase (You will find the Email Templates HERE)
December 1 and afterwards
Send the “HOW TO REGISTER” email to your employees at least once during this period: In the email templates you will find the “HOW TO REGISTER” email. This will tell your employees exactly how to register on the website for the event. Just cut, paste, customize and send (NOTE: Make sure to customize steps 3 and 4 in this email before sending).
Send the “Registration Reminder” email:
- TIP: In these emails state the goals for your organization – specifically registration goals (number/percentage of employees your company is wanting to have register).
- TIP: Include a video from senior leadership in these emails encouraging all employees to register by X date to meet the registration goal. Another option is to have the email be sent from the senior leader to all employees.
Mid and Late December
Send email to employees saying:
- December 31st is the last day to register before the event starts (Note: employees can still register through January 31, but encouraging them to be registered before January 1 is the best plan for a solid event – people work better with deadlines).
- In these emails be sure to state any special company plans, occurring on January 1st (or 4th), to kickoff iResolve.:
- state your first day or week goals
- hold a special event (walking first mile together as a company, kickoff ceremony led by CEO, etc.)
January 4th or 5th: (as January. 1st is a holiday weekend)
Send an email to employees to get them excited that iResolve.™ is underway and they can include their activity as of January 1st. Reiterate your company’s first day, week and month goals. Provide a calendar of any events your company is putting on or sponsoring (walking groups, company bootcamps, etc.).
- Post/Display any marketing assets starting December 1: Put up posters, table cards, etc. around the office in common areas and high traffic areas (break room, dining area, elevator, meeting rooms, front desk, etc.).
- Registration Incentives: Provide an incentive to register (for example: a drawing each week from those who have registered, to win X prize from your organization).
TIP: Want to see who has registered from your organization? Log on to your personal profile page, click on “Your organization’s Leaderboard” link on the left column under iResolve. Then click on the “Download all from this organization” link on the right side. Download the excel doc, which will show employees’ names as they register. Starting January 1 as people enter their activity data, their data will show up your organization’s private leaderboard, on the public board and on their private profile page.
- Activation Team Promotions: Have wellness champions actively engage people in registration within common areas (lunch/break rooms, office meetings/status, etc.)
5. During January 1-31
Kickoff at your office (on January 4th or 5th)
- Implement first day kickoff plans. We highly recommend a first day ceremony. Examples:
- Dedicated time to walk together at each office to complete 1st mile
- CEO addresses employees through office video communications and/or email with video
- Communicate any first day and month goals for your company.
Company Leaderboard page
This is a big motivator for individual employees and the company as a whole. Be sure to communicate and promote that each employee visit this page often to check how they and their group/team are doing. See 2b below for how to access this page.
Instructions on how to access Company Leaderboard for your organization:
- In your profile, locate the iResolve.™ logo in your Event Stats column.
- Under that logo you will see the word ORGANIZATION with your company name in blue
- Click on the company name and it will take you to the Company Leaderboard page. There you can see a leaderboard of individuals from your company and the overall stats for all employees combined.
- Click on the “View Groups” link on this page to see a leaderboard of the office locations
- Click on the name of any group/team to see the individual leaderboard for that group.
- On-Demand Reports: Wellness leaders can pull an on-demand report of employee participation by clicking on the “Download All From Organization” link on this page
Implement events throughout the month
- Walking Wednesdays (set a time and place for employees to meet each Wed morning, at lunch or after work to walk together).
- Informal Bootcamps or Yoga classes
- Take the Stairs Days
- Encourage Walking Meetings
Mile logging reminder emails
- Send an email to all participants reminding them to log miles from the weekend. We see a big bump in miles being logged each Monday when we send reminders.
- We suggest that you send an email to all employees every Thursday or Friday during January and on January 31 to remind them to log their miles (especially important for those who do not connect a Fitbit, Strava or Map My Fitness account to their profile for automatic logging).
Provide incentives as you reach milestones on the way to your company goal. For example, if your company goal is to achieve X% of employee participation, give away incentives as the employees reach each their goal. Be sure to draw the winner randomly from those who are participating. This prevents it from being about who does the most miles (which can be discouraging to folks who are new to activity) and prevents gaming the system (as there is no advantage to having more miles than others when it comes to incentives).
Be sure to take photos and videos throughout the event and share through any company social channels (internal and external). This will go a long way in helping visually connect all employees across the office or the world, as they see other employees having fun and being active!
Use hashtag: #iResolveIAM AND the hashtag for your organization
Password Reset Info
For personal privacy reasons HealthCode CAN NOT access or see passwords. Common reasons for password reset issues:
- Password email going to spam
- Email used was work vs home or vice versa, so try both (sometimes even misspelled such as “coom” vs “com” (true)
- Organization’s email/web filters – so please ask your tech team to include as approved the following emails and web sites: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org; https://events.healthcode.org, www.MillionMileMonth.org and www.HealthCode.org
Privacy Note: Personal information provided at registration is NOT shared with partners or other organizations. Registration and activity data is aggregated to improve HealthCode’s programs, obtain partners and funding support.
Over 95% of Fitbit issues have been solved when:
- Assuring device is fully charged – as the activity data goes from their device to their Fitbit web site and from the Fitbit website to HealthCode’s activity event platform
- Disconnect their Fitbit connection from their Personal Profile page on our site, clear their browser cache and reconnect
NOTE: Participants using other trackers can sync up by first connecting their device to Strava or MapMyFitness and then to their HealthCode Personal Profile page
6. After January
Post Event Celebration
Now is the time to celebrate all that your company had accomplished during the month. We recommend:
Send out a company wide email that congratulates all participants for being a part of the iResolve™ challenge with your company. Be sure to include:
- All of your company stats (Find these on your Company Leaderboard Page)
- Recognize any goals met for the company. Recognize groups/teams and individuals who went above and beyond or had great improvement across the month.
Just like you did on the first day, hold a special event or gathering ceremony to close out the January event (either on the last day of January or the first week of February).
Reports and Metrics for your company
On Demand Reports
An on-demand report is available on the Company Leaderboard page for your event, by clicking the “Download All from Organization” link. This report will show you first name, last name, office location or group, and logged miles for each person (it will not show any contact or personal information – see below for Detailed Reports)
Suggested Stats to Share with employees and senior leaders
- Company stats (miles, calories, minutes): These can be found on the Company Leaderboard page or calculated using the detailed reports.
- Per group/team stats (miles, calories, minutes): Found on the group leaderboard page for each group. Click into the Company Leaderboard page, click View Groups link and click on any office name (or calculate using the detailed report)
- Projected Health Care Cost Savings: Divide the total calories burned by 3500. Then multiply that number by 9. The resulting number is your projected health care cost savings.*
Year ahead: Check out HealthCode’s monthly activity events to engage your employees, families and community throughout the year: January iResolve.™, February Love Your Health, March Spring into Action, April Million Mile Month™, May Million Mile Month Reboot, June Triathlon in a Month in Training, July Triathlon in a Month™, August Dog Days of Summer, September Fall Into Action, October Marathon in a Month™, November Turkey Trek, and December Give the Gift of Health.
Special ask: Please pass along HealthCode’s programs with your HR/wellness network. Just share this link to the wellness page. THANK YOU!
Noteworthy January Dates:
January 1: iResolve™ First Day of NEW YEAR
January 17: Martin Luther King Day (a Monday)
January 31 – iResolve. Final Day
Integrate the walk/run/bike events in your community supporting chronic health issues.
See this site for fun ideas throughout the month. http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/january.htm
*This formula is based on 2009 Mayo Clinic research and is endorsed by United Healthcare and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas. Explanation: Body fat reduction through the use of caloric expenditure occurs at the known rate of 1 lb body fat per 3500 calories burned/used. Healthcare costs due to weight gain have been calculated at $28 per pound over a three year period, or approximately $9 per pound annually.” So, to get the Projected/Estimated Healthcare Savings we take the total calories burned and divide by 3500 (caloric expenditure to burn 1lb of body fat), and then multiply by $9 (the savings per year per 1lb).This figure is directional and meant to provide an additional guide for how an organization is benefiting from participation, outside of the miles, calories and minute metrics.