Battle of the Branches: Global Virtual Activity Challenge
Readiness * Resilience * Unity
When: May 1 – 31
The Battle of the Branches celebrates May’s Military Appreciation month through a free global virtual activity challenge in support of our military community.
This fun global competition encourages service members, Veterans, their families and friends to maintain active lifestyles; building resilience, readiness, and unity.
Registration for indivudals opens April 1st.
Organizations can sign up now at: https://healthcode.org/organizations.
Getting Started Is Easy
- 1. Individual Sign up
- 2. Select Your Branch
- 3. Select Your Group
- 4. On May 1st, Enter Your Personal Goals & Activities
- Individuals sign up at HealthCode.Org
- Select your registration level. No fees are required. Optional donations at Gold and Platinum levels includes the awesome inaugural Battle of the Branches t-shirt, plus Platinum receives the Battle of the Branches’ Challenge Coin
- Select your Branch from the Organization drop down:
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- Space Force
- If your unit is already set up as an Organization on HealthCode, then use your unit’s Organization.
- Or sign up your “Unit” here, which allows options for your own “groups” https://healthcode.org/organizations
- No Unit? Not Problem. Just pick your Branch! ?
- Select from the Group drop down one of the following:
- Active Duty
4. Starting May 1st enter your personal May milage goal, which includes all activity types – recommend minimal goal of 45 miles. Your activity goes to:
- Your personal goal
- Your Branches’ Leaderboard (including the Group board)
- The overall Battle of the Branches Leaderboard showing each Branch and top individuals, as well as their cities and “states” from around the globe.
- Check out the Battle of the Branches’ Global Leaderboard, share with your fellow servicemen to see your Branch on top of the leaderboard.
For example, see April’s 2021 Million Mile Month’s leaderboard.
Click on tab above (or see pdf below) for sign up details. Click on image below for larger view of screenshots.
- How to sign up as a participant: Click Here.
- How to sign up your organization: Click Here.
No fees required.
But donations are appreciated.
HealthCode is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower people to live healthier lives; supporting kids, schools, and low income communities. Optional registration donations come with awesome swag:
Gold – Battle of the Branches cool t-shirt
Platinum – Battle of the Branches cool t-shirt AND Challenge Coin
All registration levels include participation in the Battle of the Branches Global Challenge¸ event printable race bib, leaderboards, an account on HealthCode’s activity platform’s private personal profile page, and activity entry tools.
Battle of the Branches’ Challenge Coin
At Platinum Registration
What does the Winning Branch Receive?
- Bragging right of course, and the first annual Battle of the Branches’ Virtual Trophy!
- Shout outs on social media and in press releases.
- PLUS: The top 20 individuals will receive the awesome Battle of the Branches’ Challenge Coin!
How is the Winner Determined? A few levels come into play:
- Most participants
- Highest average miles per participant
- Highest percentage of participants from the Branch
Who is behind Battle of the Branches – Since 2016, the Air Force has been using the nonprofit HealthCode’s virtual activity events to engage Airmen globally, starting with USCENTCOM AFELM. After hearing about participating military members’ positive experience with HealthCode during COVID, we asked, what more can HealthCode do to support the military community. Which resulted in the Battle of the Branches Challenge, to support readiness, resilience, unity, and spur some fun across the Armed Forces – from Active Duty to Veterans, their families, and friends.
- Invite your Branch contacts to join in the challenge
- If you would like to have your unit setup as a unique organization, which provides the ability for “groups”, please fill out the form on this page https://healthcode.org/organizations.
Tip for Veterans, Guard, Reserves – Sign up for May’ Million Mile Month under your employer’s organization; that way your activity will be applied to both your service branch and your company.
“HealthCode was the perfect platform to launch the 517th TRG’s first virtual fitness challenge during COVID. It motivated individuals of all fitness levels (military & civilian staff, students, family members) to log a total of 16K miles of their favorite physical activities while contributing to a little friendly unit competition…promoting healthy habits and building esprit de corps in a time of social distancing! It was so much fun, we made it an annual event.”
Share with your community
Customize these samples or create your own:
Email: Please join me and invite others to join in the Battle of the Branches. A fun virtual activity challenge to celebrate Military Appreciation Month during May. Sign up and let’s get our Branch on top of the Leaderboards! https://healthcode.org/battle
I registered for #BattleoftheBranches2021, an activity challenge between the U.S. Armed Forces across May. Join me at healthcode.org
I registered for #BattleoftheBranches2021! Join this global nonprofit challenge. Get active, get healthy, and let’s stay safely connected at events.healthcode.org
- Share the press release.